Program Policy Manual
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Flyer – English
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Flyer – Spanish
- Delaware Home Repair Flyer – English
- Documentation Checklist – Home Repair Program
- Documentation Checklist – Mortgage Relief Program
- Area Median Income (AMI) One Pager
- Bankruptcy One Pager
- Foreclosure / Forbearance One Pager
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Program Policy Manual – April 2023
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Program Policy Manual – March 2023
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Program Policy Manual – November 2022
- Delaware Mortgage Relief Program Policy Manual – June 2022
- May 9, 2022 & May 11, 2022
- June 9, 2022 – Webinar Recording
- July 14, 2022 – Webinar Recording
- August 29, 2022 – Presentation with Rep. Ruth Briggs King Recording
- September 8, 2022 – Webinar Recording
- September 27, 2022 – Presentation with Delaware Association of REALTORS
- December 14, 2022 – Webinar Recording
- April 4, 2023 – Webinar Recording
Where else can I go for help?
Most homeowners never imagined being this far behind on their mortgage and never even considered entering foreclosure. COVID-19 has made this a harsh reality, and many are unaware of what can be done to secure their home.
Applying to the Delaware Mortgage Relief Program is just one of many steps you can take to secure your home.
We want you to be empowered to take action and utilize every resource at your disposal. We have listed a few resources that are available to you. Please look them over and reach out to get started.
Statewide Emergency Repair Program (SERP)
The Statewide Emergency Repair Program (SERP) addresses emergency conditions threatening the health and safety of qualified Delaware owner occupants and household members. Visit Milford Housing Development Corporation’s website for more information.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
If you’re concerned about how to pay your mortgage or rent due to COVID-19, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau offers information on what to do now and your options for mortgage relief. Visit their website for more information and helpful resources.
Attorney General’s Mortgage Fraud Task Force
The Attorney General’s Mortgage Fraud Task Force, in conjunction with the Delaware State Housing Authority and the Office of the State Bank Commissioner, is dedicated to reducing foreclosures statewide by:
- Providing information about mortgages and the foreclosure process
- Directing homeowners in need to certified housing counselors and other agencies that offer free services
- Linking homeowners with state and federal programs that provide mortgage assistance
- Taking aggressive law enforcement action against foreclosure scams
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are offering help for homeowners who missed their mortgage payments due to a financial hardship related to COVID-19, including forbearance plans and a COVID-19 payment deferral option. To see what options may be available to you and check whether or not your mortgage is backed by one of the two organizations, visit their COVID-19 Homeowner Resources webpages at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Office of Foreclosure Prevention and Financial Education
The Office of Foreclosure Prevention and Financial Education (OFP) is part of the Fraud and Consumer Protection Division of the Delaware Department of Justice, created to assist Delaware homeowners in financial distress or foreclosure of their homes.
Delaware Automatic Residential Mediation Program
The Attorney General, together with other agencies and organizations, has initiated a mandatory mortgage foreclosure mediation program to give homeowners a voice in the foreclosure process.